thank-you but no thanks
will let nature take her course
take that you pelvis
I’ve decided against the induction. It was literally five minutes before we needed to leave this morning when I finally made a decision. I know it would have been convenient for everyone to just go ahead with it – the baby would be here today and we’d most likely be home by the end of the weekend. My doctor would have been able to deliver her, etc. etc. But I just couldn’t do it. If it’s not medically necessary I don’t want the pitocin, even if I’m grumpy and complain-y all day, every day for the next week while I wait for everything to get started on its own.
I didn’t feel like emotionally I was ready to demand the baby be born today. That sounds kind of silly, but I have this strong feeling about not forcing her into the world until she’s ready. Of course, this is the same person who took clomid and HCG shots to help conceive said child. So it’s not like I’m anti-intervention.
The nurse was shocked when I called to cancel. And then the hospital called to make sure I canceled. I guess they don’t get a lot of cancellations for inductions. Oh well. I feel good about my decision. I would have loved to be snuggling my new babe by this time tomorrow, but not if it was going to possibly cause unnecessary interventions and extra pain.
So that’s the story. I feel weird, but good. I feel a little like I’ve let a lot of people down. But I hope that’s not true.