Yesterday morning at about 8 I started having really painful contractions and more bleeding. They weren’t stopping and I started to feel pressure. Not pushing pressure, but still that familiar labor feeling. Then there was a decel with the baby’s heartrate and things started happening fast. The IV went back in, the nurses showed up in surgery hats, they brought scrubs for my husband (the baby is transverse breech so we are 100% having a csection and it’s going to be an up and down job, old-school). Then my doctor showed up. He did a sonogram and a cervical exam and neither one of those pointed to distress or labor. So it was a gut decision on his part. He said if we were at 28 weeks we would have had the csection. But at 25 weeks 4 days his gut reaction was to wait and try to stop the contractions and keep the baby in my belly as long as possible.
6 shots of terbutaline and one nightmare of a stadol trip later things calmed down. No one expected to make it through the day without delivering him, but here we are. We may only have five more minutes or hours until the red alert begins again, but yesterday is over.
Weren’t we just talking about ups and downs? Damn.