things that kind of suck
instead of extra bad suck
this is our focus
The other day, mamalibrarian and I put our heads together (as we are wont to do) and a decision was made: we can be more positive without being all Oprah-Gayley about stuff. Instead of our list of things we're grateful for everyday, we are going to have a list of things that are not good, but could be worse. A begrudging cynic's attempt to be less negatory all the time.
So here is my list of things that suck hairy unmentionables, but don't suck sweaty hairy unmentionables.
1) The bronch is on for tomorrow
2) Ike-a-saurus only has to fast for 6 hours instead of 12.
3) My sore throat and nausea are probably only related to stress and crying jags, not to being actually sick.
4) Same for the headache
5) And the sore neck
7) At 4 am, when I am awake and suctioning Ike, I can watch The Cougar on tvland.com
8) I discovered a bag of pre-packaged frozen okra in the back of my freezer
9) The meteor that flew over Austin this morning did not hit my house
10) Caprica comes out tomorrow, and even though I won't be watching it, and even though it's not actually BSG, I'll be happy that it exists.
See? Things aren't all THAT bad.
And also, am I Gayle in the scenario, or Oprah?